Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Days 1 and 2 in Chicago

Hi all!

My name is Becky and I am one of the interns this year in the IWJ Seminary Summer program. I was placed with UNITE HERE in Chicago, IL. For the next couple months I (along with several other interns and organizers from UNITE HERE) will be heading up a major campaign in the food service worker industry throughout the country, but especially in big cities such as Chicago, New York, and San Francisco. More specifically, I'll be helping organize the religious community around our campaign. Details are sparse at the moment, as today was only my second day and we are still learning! There is SO much to learn!

About me: I am a student at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago, working on a MA in Theology. I will also be getting a Social Work Master's degree from the University of Chicago.

Any questions? Please post a comment! I will be online often to update the blog. At the moment, I must get some important rest - 10 hour long days definitely take their toll on you! I am VERY excited about the work we'll be doing here in Chicago!!!

Please check out these websites:
http://www.serviceworkersrising.org/
www.unitehere.org

No comments: