Thursday, August 2, 2007

Wind in my sail

I would like to second the importance of momentum especially in the organizing area. My spirit always gets re-energized when I find people in the community who will take the initiative to work for justice and build community. Each day this week I have met people who have been excited about the creation of the worker center that they will make presentations and pass out flyers on behalf of the center!

The humidity has had the ability to reduce the spirit and to just focus the needs of my own self-interest. Instead the will of God is not letting me quit earlier or take things at a comfortable pace. I have to remember that every little positive relationship that has been built is a victory for the center because this expands our network of members within the community.

No comments: