Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How can I change the World?


I'll be one of the first to admit that I am not new to the idea of social justice but new to the implementation of my talents for social justice. Putting faith to practice is often times discouraging because that would mean changing everything about myself in order to call myself a person of faith. I fall into these ditches of self admonishment because I do not seem to ever fully be this perfect person of faith who puts all their faith in their practice. It frusrates me. It tears me apart. It drives me to be angry at myself and this is not just about social justice issues. After years of guilt and internal grief, it is hard to change. And why cannot change happen overnight or in one day? Is it that impossible, unreachable, unachievable? If I change only a small part of how I put faith to practice this summer, I will have changed the world, right?
By the way, the pic is entitled "My balloon buddy and I" - GO NOLA!

No comments: