Thursday, July 10, 2008

When the opposite happens

I had started this summer with expectation. There were things I knew I should, could and would do and I had expected certain outcomes. Well, let me just say quite the opposite is what happened. I love my job – that part I’m insanely grateful for. I work for this fabulous lady who has all her heart in what she does, and in all the right places. We do really great work and I meet a lot of workers with really fascinating stories which touch my very core. Well… I guess no need to say much about my work – I’m loving it!
What seem to have gone in the opposite direction are all the other things I had planned…for myself. I “lost” my laptop making it impossible for me to blog. Living in downtown Detroit with no public transportation can get a bit lonely to say the least and the inability to cook does have its down sides.
Something very interesting happened to me this last weekend ( this I’ll talk about in a later blog) and Alhamdulilah, I think it has thought me a priceless lesson – Life can sometimes be the opposite of what we had expected, what makes some people special is the way they respond to the outcomes.
To start off my own personal response to what life has handed me this summer, I’ll attempt to blog at least every other day – Insha Allah ( I’m learning why IWJ came up with this idea ). And then…well… why don’t I take it one step at a time...

No comments: