Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Justice...hmmm


POA to date…

Plan of Action-
So, my third week has begun, and there are new developments. I am being taken off delegations for the time being until the plan for the summer gets off the ground. The goal is to go into different parishes in the area and have them sign letters of intent asking the bishop to take a stance of non-hire to the companies that do not embody Catholic Social Teaching. I am pretty sad about the delegations aspect of the plan…I feel that I have had such a great opportunity to meet the workers, and to get to know them, and for them to get to know me.
As I continue to spend more time here in Phoenix, I continue to hear more wild stories about the current Sherriff here. He has begun a new campaign in which his officers and deputies are setting up blockades throughout the streets. It is very interesting how an attitude of fear can pervade throughout an entire county. I find this to be a bit frustrating. Why is one man allowed to reign terror on a community? The picture is found outside the county courthouse. I found it to be very ironic that the horse is standing on top of a book entitled “Justice”.

By the Way- my blog is:
http://www.deliberatepeace.blogspot.com


Check it out-leave a comment!

No comments: